Seul, le Colosse de sable figé, rêve sa vision. The Sphinx in code! I want data like frozen sand. (I seem to enjoy the mystery of this problem.) Again, I find myself freezing columns for <table>s.
Why? Well, I found that I had some personal coding time while coasting* with Citizens. (By the way: propped-up laptop between bucket seats, watching rented DVDs = The Joy Of Independent Touring.) And, I had an mental itch, so I scratched it.
With the re-factoring effort I basically wanted to:
- Expand support to Safari.
- Clean up the mess I'd laid for developers who have been using this as proof-of-concept.
- Respond to recent improvements in CSS and DOM support in Moz 1.5 and Firebird.
But... I want to do much more than just cleanup since I keep getting asked to create table services that manage and transform data into tables whose UI requirements are getting richer. (Frozen columns and rows, for example.)
Or...I have a bunch of "She Spies" episodes I've TiVo'd that I could watch.
*Coasting: driving from Oakland, CA to Seattle and back again in less than 72 hours - we are sprinters - on the faster side of what is outlined in pop/rock criticism, I suppose, by the "burning out" vs. "fading away" dichotomy. :)